Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vision!

So no cameras at Savers and I couldn't find Salvation Army... So I'm making my own lenses by gluing saran wrap to chip board and then coloring on them.  I also used some plastic from a water bottle with a diamond pattern on it.  These "lenses" will be able to slide into a telescope like box and the viewer will be able to put the lenses in whatever order they want and can put it as many or few as they want.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for the "nothingness" machine.  First, I have to define nothingness, which is confusing because how can something be nothing?  Technically, you are always seeing something, whether it's darkness, an empty space, or even the back of your eyelids.  So maybe seeing nothing is when you can't pick out the actual objects you are viewing and everything is blurred or distorted.  If that is the case, then would a cubist painting be a painting of nothing?  Especially the painting I'm studying, The Packet of Coffee, in which I still have no idea what's going on.  So I think I'm going to start in that direction and see where it gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment