Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Poor Brain..

So after staring at my painting for the majority of class yesterday, wondering why I'm still majoring in architecture.. I finally have some sense of direction.  My site model is almost finished and I know where my building is going and I have an idea of the floor plan.

The building I chose to take hints from is Le Corbusier's Sarabhai House.  This house uses sets of parallel barrel vaults, making a very linear floor plan.  It is very open and was made to look like you could enter without needing permission.  One fun element is a toboggan slide going from the green roof to an in-ground pool.

Currently, my building will be underground, something I forgot you could do (clearly I forgot "cave, hut, tree" from freshman year), and the floor plan will take up lines found in the painting.

So, we'll see how/where this goes...

1 comment:

  1. good thing that you remembered the cave + ground thing... i wasn't able to look carefully at your model (after you took it off of the base... it seemed like an interesting move to have the parallel planes as walls...) although, once i saw that piece (the removable one) i started thinking that the base lacked its complexity (or, at least, a matching complexity)...

    ReplyDelete